its been a pretty exciting couple of months over here, which is why I’ve been the worst person ever at posting. I’m launching my own business, J Laudadio PR, which I’m super jazzed about. Be sure to like my Facebook page if you haven’t already!
At this point, J Laudadio PR focuses on closet overhauls and wardrobe consulting. So, if your closet is currently bursting at the seams, or you are tired of looking at the same old things in your closet (or both), then I’m your girl! There is a list of services in the About Me page on JLa-Di-Da. Shoot me an email if you want to chat about it (Jladidablog@gmail.com) –I’m all ears!
Other than that, I just got back from Miami which was super fun. Went to an Alligator Farm, a Cubs/Marlins game (they won, go Cubs!) and hung out at the beach –it was definitely a really relaxing trip, besides coming face to face with a HUGE boa constrictor. Don’t worry, I channeled my inner Britney Spears circa the 2001 VMAs:
image via pinterest
Hi everyone! Its almost Friday! Welcome to another installment of Thursday Things, enjoy and let me know what you think. Anything you’re excited about this week?
Note: When deciding what photo to use above, I thought, “what would make my readers happy to look at?” The answer (and what I typed into the Pinterest search bar): GLITTER PIÑATA!
1. I loved this article from Windy City Blogger Collective on keeping an editorial calendar to stay organized (if you’re a writer of any kind that needs to meet deadlines). Building a calendar like this is important, to me anyway, and its nice to lay everything out in front of you and see what your blog will offer for the next month.
2. This idea of a “photo an hour” collection from How Sweet It Is is really interesting to me. It would be fun to chronicle an entire day, taking simple photos of what you see in front of you every hour, kind of a photo journal.
image via man repeller
3. Articles like this from Man Repeller always make me LOL. Which one are you guilty of?
image via olsens anonymous
4. Is your vintage tee feeling tired? Wake it back up with these styling tips from Le Fashion!
5. To continue celebrating this year’s awards season, Louise Roe and Refinery29 put together a list of behind-the-scenes facts about you might not know. Check them out!
What better way to get through the winter in Chicago, than to find things that inspire you.
I recently put together a Pinterest board to continue to inspire me this winter. Its basically just a bunch of pretty things that I like looking at, not really sure what the theme is just yet! But that’s the beauty of Pinterest, you can start pinning things to a board and see where it leads you. After a while, the board starts to curate itself, its really fun!
Let me know what you think, and feel free to check out the rest of my Pinterest page!
Last weekend I made the trip back to LA, where I lived for three years, to visit friends. My friend Alex and I went out there to surprise one of our college friends, he had no idea we were coming!
It was such a nice trip. I caught up with friends, (who I missed very much!) ate at all of my old hot spots (M Street Kitchen, Sunny Spot, C & O), tried a few new places (Franklin & Company), went to a James Perse sample sale (DANGER!) and even went on a hike at Runyon Canyon, which I never did when I lived there. But, since I am technically a tourist when I go out there now, I can do things like hike Runyon.
Here are some photos from my trip! A short post today, have to run some errands…enjoy!
Well, its Thursday. Which means its time for another installment of Thursday Things! Here are a few things that inspired me this week and are getting me through to the weekend!
image via the every girl
1. This style post from the Everygirl- getting me very excited for the holidays and festive sweater dressing! Love the mixed prints!
2. Honestly WTF is one of my most favorite blogs to read, and these DIY confetti shoes are one of the many reasons why. Its chock-full of inspiration all the time. I love it.
image via Honestly WTF
3. Again, this post from Honestly WTF. They find the coolest stuff.
image via Honestly WTF
4. Make your own photo soap, from A Beautiful Mess. Apparently I’m in a DIY mood today, but how cool would it be to give these as a personalized gift?
photo via a beautiful mess
That’s it for today! Happy Thursday! xo
photo via WhatRUWearing
Here’s another installment of Thursday things, hope you enjoy! 🙂
1. Windy City Blogger Collective “Delsholidayshop” fashion recap– Farissa Knox of WhatRUWearing breaks down the fashion trends and highlights at Monday’s WCBC Holiday Soiree.
2. DIY gift wrap- I’m always drawn to gift wrapping that’s beyond the norm. Don’t get me wrong, I love a fun roll of wrapping paper, but I also enjoy the personal touch that DIY adds. You can even use scraps from old rolls of paper that may not be large enough to wrap a whole gift (my mom knew what she was doing, saving all that wrapping paper…). Here is some inspiration I found: here and here.
photo via Gray Malin
3. I am always inspired by photographer Gray Malin and in his latest blog post, he recaps his trip to Antarctica, completing his goal of traveling to all seven continents. I love how he adds a certain unexpected element to his work, like sparkly balloons or a blow up swan raft in the middle of the Antarctic.
4. Blake Lively’s site, Preserve– Especially this post about herbal steams. Whenever I was sick, my mom would give me one of these to clear out my sinuses, and it always worked. Now, I like to do one when I just need to relax, its very soothing. Recently, I was catching up on old issues of Vogue and came across Blake Lively’s interview in the August issue. While I am already in the “I want to hate Blake Lively but I can’t because she’s so darn likable” camp, this interview made me adore her even more and moved me to check out her site, Preserve. While one can help but compare it to Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop (which people love to hate on), it is refreshingly different and features actual, attainable things. Check it out for yourself!
Monday night I attended a beautiful Holiday Soiree, thrown by the Windy City Blogger Collective and hosted by Del Frisco’s Steakhouse in the Gold Coast. Right when we walked in, my friend, Agnes (its her birthday today! Happy Birthday Aggie!!) and I were immediately greeted by a waiter offering us champagne –which got the night started right! The space was gorgeous: high, architectural ceilings; two-story wine cabinets, warm lighting and inviting chit-chat. It was the perfect place to have a holiday party.
There were so many things to see and so many fabulous people to mingle with! Guests could shop for anyone on their list with gifts from The Tie Bar, Kalla flowers, Shop 857, DreamDry blowdry bar, Benefit Cosmetics, The Trendy Sparrow and Vo Jewelry (I won one of her pieces from a Windy City Bloggers giveaway a while back, and I absolutely love it!).
It was a super fun event and a great way to continue to celebrate the holiday season! Thanks Windy City Bloggers!