image via pinterest
Hi everyone! Its almost Friday! Welcome to another installment of Thursday Things, enjoy and let me know what you think. Anything you’re excited about this week?
Note: When deciding what photo to use above, I thought, “what would make my readers happy to look at?” The answer (and what I typed into the Pinterest search bar): GLITTER PIÑATA!
1. I loved this article from Windy City Blogger Collective on keeping an editorial calendar to stay organized (if you’re a writer of any kind that needs to meet deadlines). Building a calendar like this is important, to me anyway, and its nice to lay everything out in front of you and see what your blog will offer for the next month.
2. This idea of a “photo an hour” collection from How Sweet It Is is really interesting to me. It would be fun to chronicle an entire day, taking simple photos of what you see in front of you every hour, kind of a photo journal.
image via man repeller
3. Articles like this from Man Repeller always make me LOL. Which one are you guilty of?
image via olsens anonymous
4. Is your vintage tee feeling tired? Wake it back up with these styling tips from Le Fashion!
5. To continue celebrating this year’s awards season, Louise Roe and Refinery29 put together a list of behind-the-scenes facts about you might not know. Check them out!
I’ve decided I’m going to try a new installment on the blog, called Thursday Things. Just a quick little list of a few things I’m excited about for the week. So here goes:
1. NPR book list– This is a list of NPR’s staff and critics favorites from 2014. I can almost hear my book list getting longer…
2. This Chanel video- Karl Lagerfeld (the creative director of Chanel) dreamed up this gorgeous short film, starring model Cara Delevingne and Pharrell, called Reincarnation. The story centers around the evolution of the iconic Chanel jacket. Its really fun and fashion-y. Watch!
3. WCBC Holiday Shopping Soiree!- Next Monday, December 8th, is the Windy City Blogger Collective holiday shopping soiree. Its 100% free to attend and everyone is invited. The party is being held at Del Frisco’s and guests are invited to shop gifts from tons of awesome sponsors like: DreamDry, Benefit and The Tie Bar. I’m super psyched to go and find some gifts for a few people on my list. Or myself. Either way.
Be sure to RSVP to email@example.com if you’d like to attend! See you there! Details below:
2015 color of the year is…..Marsala! What is Marsala you ask? Pantone describes it as an “naturally robust and earthy wine red” color. I know, I immediately thought of Chicken Marsala too. Its different. I can definitely see this color popping up on a Pottery Barn couch or two next year. I like the depth and warmth of the color and how its almost a neutral. I do love a good neutral.
5. Serial Podcast
– Guys. Serial. Be about it. Its fascinating. Its an NPR podcast told in weekly, hour long installments, from the creators of This American Life. Sadly, Ira Glass does not narrate this one, but holy smokes is it addicting.
Happy weekend everyone! Headed to Minneapolis tomorrow to start looking for apartments –hope I find my dream home 😉